Wednesday 30 April 2014

eCovers

One of the things you're supposed to do when you publish an ebook is provide an ecover. Instead of simply using the print covers, I went a bit mad and tried to create new covers so downloaders would feel they're getting a distinctive product. Or something. Anyway, here are some of the ones I made using Sam Dawson's artwork.





The second one is a new picture not used in the print version. It just happened to be there, so I thought I'd bung it in. A traditional haunted house image, I think it looks rather good. Is the fact that it's not 'book-shaped' important? I'd guess not with an e-reader. Or am I wrong?

1 comment:

Mark Fuller Dillon said...

"Is the fact that it's not 'book-shaped' important? I'd guess not with an e-reader. Or am I wrong?"

As long as the images fit the Smashwords guidelines, they should be fine for the books.

LET YOUR HINGED JAW DO THE TALKING by Tom Johnstone (Alchemy Press)

ST 55 features a tale by Brighton's finest purveyor of contemporary horror, Tom Johnstone. And it just so happens that Alchemy Press is...