Saturday 3 April 2010

Update on ST17

As of today - Easter Saturday, I suppose I might as well call it - I've not received a quote from the printer as to the cost of ST17. Naturally printing costs do vary i.e. they go up, and I'm dreading a big price hike. I would think long and hard before upping the price of the magazine, however, simply because I don't want to lose readers or put off prospective subscribers. The main problem is that, with a small print run like mine, you don't get to make those economies of scale. Still, swings and roundabouts. It's probably the most exclusive magazine of its kind, if 'exclusive' is taken to mean 'low circulation'.

Anyway, watch this space. I'll get 'em to print the damn thing whatever it costs in blood and treasure!

No comments:

LET YOUR HINGED JAW DO THE TALKING by Tom Johnstone (Alchemy Press)

ST 55 features a tale by Brighton's finest purveyor of contemporary horror, Tom Johnstone. And it just so happens that Alchemy Press is...